Saturday 6 December 2008

A Little Time


I need a little time

To think it over

I need a little space

Just on my own

I need a little time

To find my freedom

I need a little...


Funny how quick the milk turns sour isn’t it, isn't it. I am often drawn into discussions with my friends (and no it’s not just a rumour I do have some!) about whether or not SL has a “shelf life” seeing as it is only a game. I suppose that one could argue that anything including life itself has a “shelf life” My view however is that the openness of second life means that in truth it our life here is what we make it. SL is just a chance to grow a soul, maybe a VR soul but a soul none the less LOL!

Often I am reminded that with our dreams give us the chance to pass them into the reality of action. From those actions stems dreaming again; and this interdependence produces the highest form of living. Being in SL is something like that, like dreaming in isolation it is meaningless yet if we follow those dreams they can give us something more than the sum of their parts. I myself have had to reinvent my AV a number of times in my 2 years here to keep myself fresh and to keep dreaming, from a dancer, manager, panther, head of secret police(hehehe that was a fun one), builder, club owner and not forgetting partner!

Does that mean, you might ask, would I say “shelf life” never has a place, no..... It does for some and anyone that says that it’s just a game and that the losses we face are simply part of the game have never lost, and they can be very very painful However, my response to the above request would be simple and straightforward You had a little time, And you had a little fun Didn’t you, didn’t you While you had yours Do you think I had none Do you, do you The freedom that you wanted bad Is yours for good I hope you’re glad Sad into unsad. Go forward and turn your second life from sad into unsad even if you need a little time.........

Much Love

Taimi

No comments: